Friday, November 27, 2009

CUCINA







Cucina is the chicest restaurant in Woodstock and the Catskills at large. They serve a contemporary Italian menu based on seasonal and local ingredients. I had the Crispy Squid with a Creamy Citrus Sauce. I love Calamari and theirs is perfection... light, crisp and tender. My entree was the Rigatoni with Peas, Sausage, a bit of Cream, Red Pepper Flakes and Parmesan. I don't like wet, soupy food. This dish was not... the sauce wrapped itself around the al dente Noodles. I ate them one at a time. Cucina is owned by Lois Freedman. She's also the general manager for Jean-Georges Vongerichten's restaurants in NYC including the Mercer Kitchen. Her staff at Cucina is amazing... cute, friendly and on top of everything. I will come here as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment