Saturday, January 23, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN W/ NUTMEG MASHED POTATOES







I made the Fried Chicken. All I do is season the Chicken first with Sea Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper, Garlic Powder and Cayenne Pepper. I add a tablespoon of Water and as much Sriracha Chili Sauce as you can handle to four Eggs and beat it all together. I dip to coat the Chicken in the Egg mixture then dust each piece lightly with Flour. I fry the Chicken in half an inch of hot Peanut Oil till golden brown on one side and then the other. Fredrik made the Mashed Potatoes. He added fresh ground Nutmeg, Sea Salt, Ground Pepper and Butter to peeled, cooked Red Potatoes. He whipped it all together in the blender because he likes his Potatoes silky smooth. The mild, slightly sweet Mashed Potatoes were a great balance to the spicy Fried Chicken. That's what we're going for. Balance. Um, this is all starting to sound like a metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment