Saturday, October 17, 2009

CAKE



Since Fredrik left for Sweden 10 weeks ago I've had to step up and do everything for Scandinavian Grace. New responsibilities include baking for the Kafé. I've never baked in my life. Turns out I love it. I do not use cooking recipes. The fun for me is just try to duplicate dishes I tried and enjoyed. Baking doesn't allow for that. It's totally about exact measurements, timing and pace. You do exactly what your supposed to and it works. It gives me peace. This morning I made a traditional Swedish Almond Cake called Tosca. The magic is putting it in the broiler for the last 2 minutes to toast the Almonds and caramelize the Sugar in the glaze. For the other I used the same Pound Cake recipe, but topped it with Wild Blueberry Preserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment