Thursday, October 29, 2009

BACON, EGGS W/ HOME FRIES







Like I said, Breakfast is my favorite. No matter what the time it's always the first meal of my day. When I lived in the West Village I loved going to Tartine. It was a crowded hole in the wall. I always ordered Eggs Benedict for Brunch and their Home Fries were perfection. Slow cooked, rustic and perfectly seasoned. When I finally decided to do Home Fries for myself I tried to channel Tartine. In Olive Oil and Butter, seasoned with Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper, I cook Red Potatoes on low heat for almost an hour. This allows them to cook through before getting dark golden brown and crisp on the outside. I add Red Onion half way in to get them caramelized and sweet by the time the Potatoes are done. This is the meal my friends wake up to when they come to visit. Who's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment